This simple pasta dish elbow with zucchini is incredibly delicious and so easy. Perfect for the spring and summers when the vegetables are rich and juicy and the weather is just perfect for these quick whip dishes.
Ingredients for 3-4 people:
- 350 g Elbow pasta
- 500 g Zucchini
- 2 Sliced Shallots
- 1 Hot Chilli Pepper
- Grated Parmigiano Cheese
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean, peel, deseed and chop the Zucchini into little pieces.
- In a pan, sauté shallots with 2 tablespoons of oil, some butter and a little piece of hot chilli pepper.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta al dente according to package instructions. Reserve some pasta water for later.
- Add in the zucchini, stir it for a few minutes, then add a glass of water, cover and let it cook for about 20 minutes, until the mixture turns to mush.
- Season the mixture with salt and plenty of chopped parsley.
- Now, toss in the elbow pasta and combine it with some pasta water.
- Garnish with Parmigiano cheese and a drizzle of EVOO. Enjoy!